The Association of Nutrition Departments and Programs (ANDP) is a national association of the directors of nutrition departments and programs. The organization promotes, in cooperation with other educational institutions, government agencies, and industry, the common interests of academic units of nutrition in universities and colleges which offer or are principally responsible for the support of graduate degree programs in nutrition or the postgraduate training programs in nutrition located in the United States. More than 60 institutions are currently members of this organization. Our organization meets regularly to:
- Identify areas of focus which need to be addressed by the leaders of nutrition departments
- Share experience and enhance the efficient and effective operation of academic units devoted primarily to nutrition
- Address policy issues of importance to nutrition
- Act as a resource for government agencies, legislators, and industry to provide points of contact with experts in nutrition throughout the United States
- Assist with student recruitment for nutrition departments and programs by linking to websites of member organizations.
Bylaws of the ANDP are available online.
A list of current members is available on our member directory page.
To search for departments and programs in nutrition departments alphabetized by state,
please refer to our searchable map of member departments.
Dues are assessed for membership which provides free registration for the annual meeting,
listing of the department web page on the searchable map and access to the password protected part of the website
that contains contact information for members and meeting materials.
Questions concerning dues should be directed to Donna Whiting
in the office of the Treasurer, Dr. Patrick Stover, Cornell. As of 11/12/09 the dues were set at $500 for a 5 year membership.
All other questions should be directed to the Chair; see Contact page.