Information technology support for FSHN
To request technical support, email or phone the Technical Support Office (Marilyn Cox, 294-6400). Provide as much detailed information as possible when reporting a problem; such as error messages, what type of computer or equipment, any recent changes, etc.
- When FSHN IT is not available call the ISU Solution Center at 294-4000. The Solution Center will attempt to solve all problems first, if unable to they will create a heat ticket that will automatically be assigned to FSHN IT (or CHS IT if FSHN not available). Users may also use the Solution Center web form for requests.
Any technical support request (by phone or email) must include name, phone number, room location, and major professor name.
FSHN IT will not backup or transfer personal files. ISU-sponsored computers are not to be used for personal materials. The user is responsible for backing up and transferring personal music files, images, movie clips, settings, word files, etc., that are not work related. FSHN IT is not responsible for repairing or fixing any hardware or software problems that have occurred from family members using the desktop or laptop.
- FSHN IT support is not provided for personal phones, blackberries, netbooks, ipods, etc. Call the Solution Center for support. When calling please note that it is for a personally owned piece of equipment and not departmental.
- To request quotes for computers, printers, or software or licensing information email FSHN IT.
The priority for technical support is:
- Faculty offices
- Research labs
- Graduate students
FSHN website requests
- Faculty pages will be updated with information from annual review materials.
- Other updates should be emailed to Marilyn Cox
- Publications list items may have a status of published or in press, but not submitted or in revision.
- When requesting changes note which item to edit/update or state that it is a new item.
- Research lab pages may be requested – faculty should provide text and photos if desired. The FSHN webpage template will be used.
- Checkout policies - FSHN departmental laptops and projectors: Reservation and checkout procedures
College and university information technology links and resources
Iowa State Information Technology Services
College of Agriculture Computer Support Help Page
College of Human Sciences IT Services